January 30th, 2012
|08:21 pm - "Have We Started Again?"|
Yeah, it's been months since I've posted here. And nearly a year since I've posted with any regularity. I've spent that year doing quite a bit--many things have been written and edited and directed, and spuffyduds and I have packed up and moved our second offspring off to College Town, and I have traveled much and seen hundreds of bird species to boot. But now I'm back.
I can't say for sure that I'll be posting regularly, mind you, but for the moment, at least, I'll try to get things started with, um...
Well, how about celebrating the source of this post's subject header with ten favorite lines from Monty Python?
In no particular order:
1) "I'm not." (Spoken by a nameless individual in the mob outside Brian's window right after Brian has told them "You're all individuals!" Life of Brian)
2) "The point is devastating, but where is the ambiguity? Over there, in a box." (Theater critic Gavin Millarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd on the latest play by Neville Shunt, Flying Circus)
3) "I'VE GOT A PIECE OF BRAIN LODGED IN MY HEAD!" (Mr. Gumby, during Gumby Brain Surgery, Flying Circus)
4) "Well, it's just after two, and time for the penguin on top of your television set to explode." (BBC Announcer, Flying Circus)
5) "What an eccentric performance." (King Arthur, critiquing John Cleese's portrayal of Tim the Enchanter, Holy Grail)
6) "'Fuck supper,' I now invariably conclude, and so, we thrash about on our milk-stained floor, transported by animal passion, until we sink back, exhausted, onto the cartons of yogurt... I seem to have strayed somewhat from my original brief..." (A professor of logic, critiquing Sir Bedivere's belief that because all wood burns, all that burns is wood, The Album of the Soundtrack of the Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
7) "Oh, Lord, you are so big, so staggeringly huge. Gosh, we're all really impressed down here." (The school chaplain, leading the student body in prayer, The Meaning of Life)
8) "That's a rather personal question, sir!" (A shipwrecked sailor's response to the question "How long is it?" in the Lifeboat Sketch, from which the subject header is also taken, Flying Circus)
9) "Oh, dear--the end's come off." (The BBC announcer reports on violinist Emil Gilbert's abortive attempt to play Tchaikovsky, Another Monty Python Record)
10) "What a senseless waste of human life." (Customer, after shooting cheese shop owner Mr. Wensleydale, Flying Circus)
Current Mood: refreshed
Current Music: "Pigs on the Wing, Part 2" by Pink Floyd
Good to see you back, wasn't sure if you were maintaining this blog.
And I always default to, "You're no fun anymore."
Well, I don't know if I could call it maintenance, exactly, but thanks.